When COVID-19 swept across the globe, the world shut down. Suddenly, anything that could be done remotely was done remotely. And while there were some kinks to work out at first, for the most part, working from home has been a success. But with this new remote work world comes new cybersecurity risks.
Now more than ever, it’s essential to make sure your company is safe from cyber-attacks by implementing remote workplace cybersecurity measures. And one of the best ways to do that is with SASE.
What is SASE?
SASE, or Secure Access Service Edge, is a tool that integrates VPN and SD-WAN capacities with security resources like protected web gateways, firewalls, and network barriers, cloud security, and zero-trust access to networks. In other words, it’s a way to keep your company safe from cyber attacks, no matter where your employees are working.
The relevance of SASE is only increasing due to the exponential growth in remote working. From a recent 2022 strategic roadmap published by Gartner, it is expected that, “by 2024, at least 40% of enterprises will have explicit strategies to adopt SASE, up from less than 1% at year-end 2018.” The adoption of SASE and other forms of remote-working cybersecurity is only increasing. It’s time to get your business ready to migrate!
Understanding the Benefits of SASE
Because of the rising need for intense security for at-home workers, there are many benefits to using SASE for your company’s remote workplace cybersecurity.
- Centralized management and regularly-updated optimization: With SASE, you can centrally manage and optimize your company’s applications in real time. This way, you can make sure that your employees have the best possible experience working remotely.
- Straightforward access for users: One of the most significant benefits of SASE is that it helps secure, easy access for users. No matter where your employees work, they’ll be able to access the information they need securely.
- Cost reduction and simple usability: When you have a workforce that’s spread out, there are bound to be more cybersecurity risks. With SASE, you can reduce the costs and complexity of managing these risks.
- Improved efficiency through focused management: With SASE, you can manage your company’s network and security staff concentratedly. This way, you can make sure that your employees are always working effectively and efficiently.
- Increased security for remote and mobile access: SASE also enables safer remote and mobile access. This way, you can ensure that your employees can always securely access the information they need, no matter where they are.
- Limited access to only those who need it: With SASE, you can restrict access to selected users to increase security and prevent data breaches. With this tool, you can make sure that only the people who need access to certain information receive it.
- Bolstered cybersecurity through a consistent policy: You can improve your overall security by applying a consistent policy across all of your company’s devices and applications. Unfortunately, many companies have different policies for different devices and applications, which can lead to remote workplace cybersecurity issues.
Let Galaxy IT Help Keep Your Company Safe Today
At Galaxy IT, we understand the importance of keeping your company safe from cyber attacks. That’s why we offer remote IT support to help keep your company safe. Contact us today to learn more about our services and how we can help keep your company safe from cyber attacks.